Feed on
Posts
Comments

Listen Now:

Share | Embed | Download | Plays (Loading)

• Oligopoly

Glad you guys are back! I feel ya on the burn out. Any of you looking forward to Diablo 3?

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:43 am
  • Marshall

Hey guys i just wanted to let you guys know that hunters with chimera shot also heals for 5% of their total health and they changed Hunters Deterrence around so now it deflects melee, ranged, and spell attacks and reduces damage by 30% and i totally agree with shamans as the best tank heals. Alos thier is one guild on Shandris that is calling its self a 25man guild even though they are farther progressed in 10 man.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:47 pm
  • Ryan

@Oligopoly - I’m super stoked for D3. I’m gonna lean heavily on your site for money making tips (warcraftecon.net) and since I don’t envision MoP hitting until late summer, hopefully I’ll have a thing or two to say about it.

The lack of information this last month, along with Napa Valley vacay plans, really slowed us down. But we can only praise Jewelcrafting for so long until we sound like broken record; if we did another podcast between this one and our last, it would have sounded horrible and mostly self-serving.

@Marshall…forgot about Deterrence. I guess it seems lame because it doesn’t last too long, but considering I hate hunters in pvp, I’m glad it doesn’t.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:58 pm
  • Marshakk

@Ryan i love it for more for PvE on Heroic Ultra and Madness i can ignore the Hour of Twilight damage and the initial Elementium Bolt damage when it lands. You guys are right im in the process of lvling my 3rd dk to 85(81 atm) with 1 I deleted a long time ago and another on a difrent server i only use to make mneyecasue they have a better AH then Shandris does and i never brought him back over when I came back to Shandris. O and either tell Chris or when he sees this to look into what happened with Crucial if he doesnt already know some very big drama with them in fact have him armory then and look at the roster.

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:09 pm
  • Chris (Drakkmur)

The problem with hunters from a pve survivability stand point are a couple things. Yes, chimera shot heals you but it has a longish cd (I think 8 sec) but more importantly NO ONE should be MM right now. Survival is about 3k better on tank and spank fights and much stronger if there is an aoe element to the fight.

Next, deterence is an interesting defensive cd. Yes, on a fight like heroic ultraxion it is amazing but the thing that really blows about it is that you can’t dps at all while using it. That is a fucking terrible design and there should be a glyph or something to change that (I am guessing they do it for pvp reasons…not sure). Hunters also have no passive damage reduction and no self healing if you are MM. You also have no bonus healing done to you.

Compare that to a few other classes. Boomkin get something like a passive 15% off damage plus barkskin. Ferals get barkskin, survival instincts, passive healing, and 20% bonus healing done to them if they spec properly. Warlocks get 20%-25% passive damage reduction (depending on glyphs) plus self healing with fel armor (and more if they are affliction or destro). Mages have mana shield, mage ward, and cauterize. Shadow priests have 15% passive reduction, self healing, and dispersion (which is like deterence in a lot of ways). DKs have icebound fortitude, anti-magic shell, and self healing. Shaman have shamanistic rage (enhance only), ele have a few options to reduce passively incoming damage, and both have healing stream totem. Rogues have things like feint and recuperate. It’s pretty crazy how much hunters get hosed when it comes to survivability.

What happened to Crucial. I didn’t know them well when I was on Shandris (I think they were pretty new) but I see basically everyone left their guild on March 25th.

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:27 pm
  • Marshall

Re and Arcane and them transfered to a diffrent server for progression i guess from what i heard on the grapevine seeing how i play Ally(dont make fun of me) and i guess some falling out happened with people calling Arcane bad. Re then kicked everyone out and took the guild back to shandris leaving a bunch of crucial member on the new relam they went to. you should check for some other sources i may not be 100% accurate or everyhting i heard could be wrong.

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:28 am
  • Theene

When you guys say 25 mans are dead its only on lop pop servers I bet. My guild on Kil’jaeden has added 2 25 man raids in the last month. We are still filling a few spots in 2 of our groups but all 3 of our 25 mans are now 1/8H in DS.

You guys were talking about favorite old raids and 1 of you said you have never never seen all of Uld. My guild runs it every week, hard modes and achv’s. We also run FL 25 man and Heroic ICC 25 every week, aned we fill up the old raids quick with pugs from numerous realms; in fact we do some of our recruiting that way. Send me an email or add me on real Id with the email address above if you want an invite. You would have to be Horde.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:39 pm
  • Oligopoly

That’s understandable. Are you guys near Napa? I’m from CA too. I decided to move most of our D3 info to it’s own site (link in name). There is a ton of info on it so far which is surprising since the game isn’t even out yet. Anyways take care!

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:52 pm